Support Our Work
The Association of Travel Instruction (ATI) is a nonprofit organization. Your generosity will help us serve our members in the following ways:
- To establish a competency based standard to assure quality service in Travel Instruction for seniors and people with disabilities other than blindness or visual impairment.
- To develop and maintain a Code of Ethics.
- To maintain the listing of competencies for those engaged in the practice of Travel Instruction.
- To promote appropriate academic and competency-based preparation of individuals entering the field of Travel Instruction.
- To promote the maintenance of current knowledge and skills of those within the field.
- To help establish an approved and published body of knowledge.
- To establish professional standards for adoption by public certifying and licensing bodies.
- To advocate for the rights and interests of persons with disabilities and seniors as it relates to community access, travel, and transportation.
- To facilitate sharing of information through publications and conferences.
- To educate the public about the mobility needs of people with disabilities and seniors.
- To develop an infrastructure for the profession of Travel Instruction.
- To develop and administer certificates of proficiency and completion for instructors and trainers.
- To provide continuing education.
Mail your donation to:
Association of Travel Instruction
P. O. Box 2747
Chicago, IL 60690